Monday, November 9, 2009

What's a ninth guy like you doing...?



Greetings all.

I've been gone from this blog a long time. A long time. And for those who were interested readers, I apologise both for the hiatus and for disappointing you in terms of keeping up. Much has happened in the interim, and this is an attempt to zippily catch you up on what's going on in my life right now.

For one thing, I survived June, July and August 2009 in Cyprus.

While I love the intensity of the heat of summer on this island - it's pretty trippy walking down the street most times, it's THAT hot - I find the quiet, slow pace of life and the dearth of people (Nicosia, the capital where I live, becomes a ghost town in summer) very difficult to manage at times.

I suppose this is mostly because the intense heat, sluggish pace of life and reduced human contact turn me inward, when my natural inclination is to be on the go all the time and avoid those dark places in my mind, heart, soul.

However, the summer, for this very reason, is an optimal time for me to strip everything down to its bare bones, eat lightly and do lots of exercise and meditation. Which is precisely what I did.

The pain at my failed relationship is still with me. I've had spells when I haven't thought of the ex at all. Other times - such as this past October, when I returned to Cyprus after attending a short film festival in Tangier - I was overwhelmed with how much I missed her. Not to mention, last Friday, the ex before the current ex had her first baby. You'd have thought that her having been married for four years would have been enough for me to have moved on, but I guess some ties are very hard to sever.

Anyhoo, when I haven't been working on moving on from the detritus of my former romantic life, I have been learning and practising new spiritual techniques and forms of meditation, writing a screenplay for a new short and accepting clients for astrological readings.

Suffice it to say, I'm going to be posting much more regularly, recommitting to and re-investing in this blog, because I have a need to write and express myself very badly. I have a need to make contact with people and to unburden my mind and heart.

Consequently, there may be less polish, but I hope you'll bear with me, since writing to me has become much more important than cranking out the perfect post.

Oh yes, and in the meantime, I've stumbled on a new system of illumination - Human Design - which I think is amazing. You can google it for more information, but I'll be posting on that, as well as about my ongoing adventures in art, metaphysics and day-to-day human-ness (hopefully in the spirit of humane-ness, too).

On a completely unrelated note, how are we enjoying the transiting Saturn-Pluto square so far?

Saturn's currently in my second house (where natal Pluto in Libra lurks) and Pluto's in my Capricorn fifth. Selfworth-boosting income (Saturn in the second) that I can then focusedly plug into my filmmaking (Pluto in the fifth) is definitely proving a toughie to pull. Even more challenging with this particular transit, is moving beyond the fear/angst in trying to earn a decent income before daring to think about romance again.

So there you have it for the time being. More to come soon!

2 comments:

wristsplints said...

Hey honey! Nice to see you back. Cyprus has, at least, gorgeous summer weather (I've just spent two hours freezing in the rain) but I can still sympathise with the difficulties of quiet heat.

Funnily enough, I'm in the same Saturn-Pluto sitch as you down to the house! Saturn is currently nearing the end of my second house (where some of Libra hangs out), and Pluto is in the middle of my fifth. For me, it's showing up as what is my purpose in life, difficulties, self-esteem issues - versus fitting in with others (my natal Saturn is in the Fifth along with natal Uranus) & learning how to manage my time in order not to overdo either business or pleasure.
Congrats on everything you've got going for you over the summer. I look forward to more astrology & life writing!

Unknown said...

Dear wristsplints,

Welcome and so glad you stopped by. I very much appreciated the warm words. I've missed you guys.

I think self-esteem/self-expression issues are going to be highlighted for both of us, given our charts, over these next few years - but that is a good, good thing. We can all benefit from the tough love Saturn-Pluto are intent on dishing out in getting us to identify where we're undervaluing ourselves, not honoring our own boundaries or instincts, nor truly owning our creative power.

With your natal Saturn and Uranus in the fifth, you have a maverick yet disciplined planetary team just aching to anchor and transmit your desires to express yourself. I hope you go for it at this time.

Thanks again for reading - a journey shared is far better enjoyed.

Till soon,

Ninth