Friday, November 20, 2009

Saturn square Pluto: Manifestation, spoon-bending and the manipulation (and destruction) of forms



I have Saturn square Pluto natally, which, according to the first astrology teacher I had, was also a planetary picture that featured in Carl Jung's birth chart, and is considered to be a shamanic configuration.

Now, I have, to date, no known natural aptitude for shamanic work. I don't spontaneously find myself transported into spirit worlds or have the ability to shape-shift or talk to plants or animals or retrieve pieces of someone's soul.

However, I am absolutely obsessed with the idea that it is possible to manipulate and reconfigure (Pluto) matter (Saturn) and step outside of time (Saturn again).

Especially with cosmic demolition ball Pluto in the sign of structure, foundation and boundaries - Capricorn.

And I do wonder whether the long-term transiting Saturn (in Libra) Pluto (in Capricorn) square will whip up to a new frenzy the blooming-like-algae 'mind over matter'/'law of attraction'/'manifest whatever you desire' communities on the internet.

Frankly, these days it seems every entrepreneurial/home business/self-employment page on the web works in references to bestseller The Secret or the wildly popular Abraham-Hicks material, both preaching the gospel of manifesting your heart's desires.

Not to mention, the proliferation of e-books, Youtube clips, audio classes, webinars, workshops and so forth claiming to develop your hitherto latent paranormal powers, such as psychokinesis and telepathy.

Now, I say 'claiming' not because I believe it isn't possible to manipulate matter - far from it - but because it is, till now, still to a large degree scientifically indefensible - or at the least, an area being investigated only at the peripheries of science, in the domain of quantum physics.

Personally, though, I believe the present transiting Saturn-Pluto square - particularly as it is the waning and, therefore, closing square of this cycle - will mark a significant breakthrough in establishing the malleability of form via thought in mainstream consciousness once and for all.

Let me leave you with an amateur clip on spoon-bending - a feat I believe is genuinely possible and which I hope to accomplish with enough practice myself one day. Enjoy.





The image above was taken from this site.

2 comments:

Baskingshark said...

Does this mean you are Jung at heart?

(You may need to ban me. Seriously. For my own good.)

PS.

Thanx for the interview link - v. interesting comments he has to make and v. true!

The Ninth Immortal said...

You are the fiendish master of punning, and there OUGHT to be laws I tell you... :D

Let's try to rendezvous this w/end on Skype - or even later this eve perhaps once I'm back from the Cy Mail.