Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Return of Discipline: Counting Down to Saturn Turning Direct


The mutable signs are not known for their immense staying powers.

If the angles are in Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces, or there are a lot of planets (especially Mars, Mercury, Jupiter or Saturn) in these signs in a natal (or progressed) chart, you can bet the native will have trouble focusing on one particular goal for a sustained period of time.

I know whereof I speak: my angles are all mutable, my Sun and Jupiter are in Pisces, and the Nodes are Sagittarius-Gemini.

In addition, Neptune squares my Sun and my ascendant, and Aquarius Mars and Mercury keep my Sixth House often busy, but accomplishing little.

Also, I have little to no patience for longterm, process-oriented tasks.

It may be no surprise, then, that I've had several shortlived jobs in my past, and find it hard to commit to any one thing of my own volition - unless there's some concrete goal to be achieved.

Of course, Saturn in Cancer in the Eleventh might also have something to do with my prolonged shirking of more constraining 'grown-up' jobs (not to mention the 'terror' of having to be a part of a large group when it comes to the workplace).

Meanwhile, Saturn rules my Fifth House and it's no wonder my romantic and creative life have been making little headway during its lengthy retrograde.

In short, I'm REALLY looking forward to Saturn going direct on May 16th. That's mid-month, this month. With any luck that'll point to the discipline I've been sorely lacking of late to knuckle down to some serious creative writing.

Of course, I'm not going to wait till then to start attacking the writing projects I have in mind. But psychologically, I know getting to May 16th will feel like the right momentum will be building in my favour again.

My Capricorn Moon can't wait.





The image above was taken from this site.

No comments: