Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Freddie Mercury (in Retrograde): He's the One


This evening I attended a two-hour rehearsal of a Shakespeare comedy, being performed by a local Anglophone drama group here in Nicosia. And for awhile, the pain of the break-up and the lack of a concrete plan while being back again in Cyprus did not feel so painful.

Actually, I'm often super-animated and expressive when I'm with people, particularly creative people. And when this happens, Virgo-rising or no, all I want to do is perform.

This is more of a Leo trait of course, but my other planetary signatures for creative expression when added to that Aries Venus, just make me want to entertain, charm and engage with people. To put it another way, I'm the ego of the moment.

I guess I don't often mention my Venus in Aries on this blog, but for such an ill-at-ease, often quiet and sombre person who is uncomfortable in his own skin, weirdly enough, I can be the life and soul of the party.

Of course, it's not all fun and games, despite the fun and games, if you know what I mean.

This Venus is squared by neurotic, insecure Saturn in Cancer and opposed by iron-fist-in-velvet-glove Pluto in Libra.

However, this Venus is also trine jovial Neptune in fiery Sagittarius and sextile Mercury in electrically-charged Aquarius. And quintile Aquarius Mars. Not the kind of Venus to get her to a nunnery. Far from it. Frankly, this Venus is The One and doesn't care who knows it.

When I'm in this ultra-energised, witty and expressive mode, I feel like I'm channelling one of my favourite artists of all time: the late, great virtuoso performer and singer, Virgo Sun Freddie Mercury.

So much for my Virgo-rising modesty, but how curiously appropriate to this particular Mercury Rx period.





The image above was taken from this site.

No comments: