Sunday, December 30, 2007

Earth Guardian for Future Generations?

"What do you owe someone else’s great-grandchildren?

"How do we apportion responsibility across time for dealing with multigenerational impacts, like the human contribution to climate change, and multigenerational tasks, like transforming how we harvest and use energy?"

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I tend to read the online edition of The New York Times a fair deal. This evening, outlined on the paper's excellent eco-blog - dot earth, I came across the following inspired proposal for the next US president to appoint a “legal guardian of future generations” to consider the impact of policy choices on citizens yet unborn.

You can read the post here:

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/29/does-the-future-need-a-legal-guardian/index.html?hp

2 comments:

DANIELBLOOM said...

can you blog about polar cities one day,? my blog.

and imaegs here
http://pcillu101.blogspot.com

i got idea directly from James Lovelock, yes.


email me at

danbloom GMAIL

The Ninth Immortal said...

Dear Dan,

Thanks very much for dropping by and of course I'll mention your site - I'll even add it to my favourite links.

Keep up the good work!

Ninth