Monday, December 24, 2007

An Astrological Take on the Beatitudes

I'm not a Wiccan, but I do love the phrase "Blessed be". I've been spending a lot of time of late, trying to dwell on more positive thoughts than the usual cesspool of mental sewage habitually gushing through the old pipes 'up there'. And what could be more positive and more love-filled than to send out blessings?

As someone whose religious heritage is rooted in Christianity, I've always loved the Beatitudes that Jesus offers in the gospel of Matthew, Chapter 5, versus 3 to 10 (taken from the New International Version of the Bible):

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Beautiful, no? But since it is my nature to be a tad unconventional, I decided I'd have a bash at 'translating' those lovely words into more astrological terms - in a purely creative, free-flowing sort of way. Here's what I came up with:

Blessed are those with a fixed Grand Cross,
for their war against stagnancy will reap much reward.

Blessed are those with Moon-Chiron in Scorpio,
for from the depths of their sorrow they will rise to know joy.

Blessed are those with a packed Sixth and Twelfth,
for they shall attract and be protected by the fire of Spirit.

Blessed are those with Jupiter-South Node quincunx Neptune,
for their labours to tap the Higher Mind will grant them Truth.

Blessed are those with Mars-Jupiter in Libra,
for their generosity will be marked by the Universe forever.

Blessed are those with Venus-Pluto in Virgo
for they will annihilate the lie that anyone is unworthy of Love.

Blessed are they with a Taurus Moon in the Eleventh,
for all shall be willing to break bread at their table.

Blessed are they with a Pisces Uranus in the Twelfth,
for they will revolutionise imprisonment toward a collective Grace.

I must confess that all of this is rather random, and might not make perfect sense. I should also admit that, while I am passionate about Astrology, I am still learning. Hope I'm not completely off the mark!

Meanwhile, it's Christmas Eve for the West, so I send out the peace, love and light of the Christ Child to all.

No comments: